Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is Your Child a Bully?

A reader submission:

Continuing with the bullying theme...

This is an interesting article from the perspective of the parent of a bully.  What would you do if you suspected your daughter was accused of being a bully?  What would you do if you witnessed your son pushing someone around or you saw one of your child's Facebook posts that was demeaning or belittling?  Read this to see what the pros say.  I'm not sure I agree with some of the parenting tips but its an interesting perspective.

There is also this very personal look at what a parent feels when the news is broken to her that her son is a bully:

At home I google the word "bullying". There are oodles of pages to read, from all sorts of organisations and researchers. But almost all of them, I find, are aimed at parents whose kids are victims. Of course parents whose children are being bullied need advice, but it does strike me, now I find myself in this unenviable situation, that maybe people like me are even more in need of it.

If you have anything you think our readers would like, send it along and I'll post it: scampsall@gmail.com.


No comments: